Friday 7 November 2008

Losing it.

I've barely been at home this week, just stopping in long enough to sleep and shower.
My brother's friend was staying with us from a foreign country, and basically we were left alone for about five hours on Monday night. He was very inappropriate and creeped me out with the things he kept saying, and the way he kept touching me. My parents thought I was overreacting, particularly my mum, and kept telling me to give him a chance and try to enjoy his company for the remainder of his stay.
Needless to say, I avoided him the rest of the week, by not coming home as much as I could. I went to work, and did anything I could after work so as not to go home.
I met up with B, and we went to visit TB on Wednesday night. It was so good to see B again, God I have missed her so much. It wasn't too awkward, not really at all, actually.
On Thursday night I was driving around in a daze for an hour after work, just felt so stressed out and unsupported. Anyway, TB texted at about 7pm and asked me if I could come and take her to the hospital. Even though I was miles away, I just went. I sat in the waiting room for at least an hour, it was freezing and my phone battery died. My mum was pissed off with me for not coming home and 'confronting my fears' [she insists she wasn't pissed off, but I know her, I can read her], and I just felt so alone. TB got some medication and I took her home.
I got home with barely any recollection of driving home, and I had somehow accumulated a sandwich and a bottle of juice. The Sainsbury's receipt suggests I bought them and paid with my card. I tossed and turned when I finally got into bed, gave up trying to sleep and read some of Fingersmith. Will have to re-read that section again though, I have no idea what I read.

Got kept late in work tonight, so wasn't home until almost seven.
Got a bottle of wine waiting for me, and it is so welcome right now. Would be nice to have someone to share it with though.

1 comment:

Shalene said...

What kind of wine? ;)

Thanks for checking out my blog... one is terribly long and I don't write in it often, the other (I don't know if you looked at it) is more of the fun, random blog.