Thursday 27 August 2009

Storms.

Things have taken a different turn.
I won't let it falter me, though. That doesn't sound like very good English.

B has been back on the scene. She recently told me she's still in love with me, says she always has been. "You've always been the only one for me, you're my only love."

No, thank you. I am so past that, I am unrecognisable from the person I was this time last year.
But, now she insists that I led her on, made her believe I still have feelings for her.
Trust me, I definitely do not.

Last Saturday night, while out drinking and dancing with my younger sister and our friend, I got a very unexpected text from L. I hadn't heard anything from her in a full week, and wanted to keep it this way for a while. Anyway, being drunk, I texted her back, and lots of text messages were sent that night. I put it down to her being drunk, but I woke up to another one the next morning. I didn't feel compelled at all to reply, but I sent a brief one out of courtesy, but no more, despite her sending another.

On Monday, she headed off on holiday, and I was relieved to think I'd have two full weeks to really get my head showered, knowing I definitely wouldn't see or hear from her.
Except, I got a text from her on Wednesday. Something about being by the pool listening to some track we both love.
I didn't reply.

I'm at the point where I know I wouldn't go back to her (not that she insinuated she wanted that). Yes, I love her, yes, I miss her. But, I'll never forget what she did to me. How she made me feel. How she deliberately hurt me. It's just not something I can get over in a week. Sure, I want to be friends with her, but not yet.

I'm off for a power walk with my dog and my iPod. It's probably not a good idea to go out by the sea tonight; I may not survive the raging storm outside. So, if I never blog again, tell everyone I was a completely normal, friendly, level-headed, balanced person :) (You'd lie for me, right?)

2 comments:

Butch Boo said...

Did you survive?!!

If not I hope that whatever you had on the Ipod was good1

BB
X

Unwelcome Sound said...

Yes BB, I survived!
Got soaked, but it was worth it.
:)